There are many vegetables that are popular around autumn time, and one of them is the healthier alternative to our favourite starch, the potato. Not only is this recipe healthy and easy, it only needs one pan, which cuts down on the cleanup time.
Music to every students ear…
- 454 g boneless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 3 garlic cloves, minced (3 teaspoons garlic granules)
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and diced
- 118 ml chicken broth or water
- 225 g fresh asparagus (cut at a diagonal in 2.5-5 cm pieces)
- ½ teaspoon fine sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper
1. Cut the chicken into small pieces and season with salt and pepper
2. In a skillet over medium heat, add olive oil, garlic and chicken.
3. Sauté the chicken for about 7-10 minutes, or until it is cooked through. Set chicken aside.
4. In the same skillet, add sweet potato and chicken broth.
5. Cook for about 7-10 minutes or until the sweet potato is cooked.
6. Add asparagus and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
7. Season with salt, pepper and crushed red pepper.
8. Put the cooked chicken back in the skillet and mix well.
Personal tip: cut the bottoms of the asparagus, about 3.81 cm from the edge. It will get rid of the unpalpable and tough part. No one likes stringy or hard asparagus.